Maryland now allows licensed and registered medical practitioners to recommend cannabis for many severe conditions where other medical treatments have been proven ineffective, and whose symptoms “reasonably can be expected to be relieved” by the medical use of cannabis.
Physicians may recommend cannabis for patients with a chronic or debilitating disease, or for other medical conditions that cause:
- Nausea, when traditional protocols fail
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Debilitating, or chronic pain
- Seizures and persistent muscle spasms